Clwb Rygbi Rhuthun | 1st Team 33 - 22 Bethesda RFC | 1st Team
Nathan Huw Jones
Conversion 4
Jamie Jones
Try 1
Joshua Wilson
Try 2
Dafydd Lloyd
Try 2

Match Report
05 November 2017 / Team News

Rhuthun 33 Bethesda 22

Bethesda and Rhuthun served up a thrilling game of rugby at Cae Ddol on Saturday with a combination of dogged defence and open attacking rugby from both teams.  Centre Dafydd Lloyd put the Blues ahead within 5 minutes of the start with a try beneath the posts which fly half Nathan Jones converted.  Pesda responded and Rhuthun had to defend well against a fast running visitor attack before they reduced the arrears with a penalty goal after 10 minutes play from Fly half Rhys Jones and.  Bethesda missed a chance to narrow the gap further when a penalty kick went wide and eventually the Blues cleared their lines.  It was now the visitors turn to defend.  The Blues were scrummaging well and on 40 minutes play after a scrum midway in Pesda’s half wing Josh Wilson darted over for a try between the posts with Nathan converting and the whistle blew with Rhuthun 14-3 ahead.  Straight after the break Blues full back Jamie Jones forced his way through the visitors’ defence and over the whitewash with Nathan converting and within 2 minutes Rhuthun got their bonus point try when Wilson ran from his own 22 and scored.  At 26-3 up after 50 minutes play one might have thought that the game was over but the visitors were having none of it and after a short period of Pesda pressure Rhys Jones bagged a try which he converted.  The Blues responded and although Pesda defended well for 10 minutes or so eventually Lloyd got through with his second try again converted by Jones.  Pesda went back on the attack and on 70 and 79 minutes of play Rhys Jones and Ellis Jones scored two good tries both with runs from near halfway, one of which was converted. The whistle blew with final score at 36-22 and reflected a game which was a credit to both sides.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos