Clwb Rygbi Rhuthun | 1st Team 32 - 15 COBRA | 1st Team
Kyle Davies
Try 1
Iestyn Davies
Try 1
Nathan Huw Jones
Conversion 3
Penalty 2
Try 1
Try 1

Match Report
04 December 2016 / Team News

Rhuthun 32 COBRA 15

Both sides were determined to play attacking rugby in this exciting tussle at Cae Ddol.  COBRA withstood some early pressure from the home side and then began to trouble the Blues in their 22  with Bryn Davies finally going over for a try after 15 minutes.  The Blues responded and after some good work by fly half Jamie Jones the ball was passed out to centre Iestyn Davies who went over the whitewash with centre Nathan Jones converting.  The lead didn’t last long however as the visitors were straight back in the Blues half and after driving towards the line were awarded a penalty try which Will Worthington converted putting them 12-7 ahead.  Play was oscillating from end to end and the visitors went further ahead with a penalty goal from Worthington 5 minutes before the break.  The Blues clawed back 3 points almost straight away with a penalty goal from Nathan and the game ended with the visitors ahead 15-10.  A minute into the 2nd half the Blues got the lead back with a try from Jones which he converted. COBRA went down to 14 men with a yellow card and the Blues capitalised with another penalty goal from Nathan and shortly afterwards wing Huw Parry was released along the wing by Jamie Jones and jigged past a couple of defenders for a fine try converted by Nathan.  With 20 minutes to go and a 12 point lead the Blues were playing with confidence in their search for the bonus point try.  Wing Kyle Davies finally broke through COBRA’s defence with 5 minutes to go for an unconverted try and the game played out with the Blues winning 32-15.  This was a good and timely win for the Blues against a robust COBRA side and sets them up well for their Conwy Land Rover North Wales cup tie at Abergele next week.

















There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos