Pwllheli RFC | 1st Team 29 - 5 Ruthin RFC | 1st Team
Danial Williams
Try 1
Osian Jones
Conversion 2
Deio Brunelli
Try 1
Robin Jones
Try 2
Dafydd Anwyl Williams
Try 1
deian Williams
1 Try

Match Report
31 January 2016 / Team News

Pwllheli 29 Rhuthun 5

This match was played in a strong biting wind down the ground which neither side seemed to be able to take advantage of.   The game started with Ruthin having the early pressure but it was the home side that stormed ahead with three tries in 20 minutes from scrum half Robin Hughes-Jones, wing Daniel Glyn Williams and replacement No8 Dafydd Anwyl with the first try converted by centre Osian Parry-Jones.  The first two were the result of breaks by Pwllheli from their own half which the visitors could not contain and the third a pushover try by the home side’s strong pack.  The Blues fortunes worsened when they went down to 14 men after a player was red carded for dissent shortly after the third try and the supporters were beginning to batten down the hatches for what might come.  In fact the Blues acquitted themselves well for the remainder of the first half playing some good rugby almost entirely in Pwllheli’s half and were only prevented from scoring by a competent home side defence.  There was no further score at half time with the score 17-0 to Pwllheli.  Pwllheli came out strongly with the wind behind them at the beginning of the second half but the Blues defence held and after Pwll missed a penalty goal kick the play switched to the home side’s half.  Again the Blues couldn’t get past Pwllheli’s defence and it was the home side that got the first points of the second half when Hughes-Jones went over for his second and Pwllheli’s bonus point try.  Almost immediately Ruthin got points on the board when scrum half Phyl Roberts combined with replacement Will Mitchelmore to put 2nd row Deian Lloyd Williams through for a fine try.  Pwll’s  centre Deio Brunelli got the final try converted by Parry-Jones and although the Blues fought hard in the final minutes to reduce the arrears the whistle blew with the home side 29-5 winners.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos