Bro Ffestiniog RFC | 1st Team 29 - 3 Ruthin RFC | 1st Team
deian Williams
1 Penalty

Match Report
01 October 2016 / Team News

Bro Ffestiniog 29 Rhuthun 3

Although the score may not reflect it there were lots of positives for Ruthin to take away from this match at Bro Ffestiniog on Saturday.  In very wet conditions the Blues were playing down the slope in the first half.  The home side were the first to get points on the board Dewi James crossed over for a try after 4 minutes of play.  Ruthin responded and after some good pressure were awarded a penalty which 2nd row Deian Lloyd Williams slotted over.  The visitors spent most of the rest of the first half in the home side’s territory but were unable to penetrate Bro’s solid defence and after a 2nd penalty goal attempt fell just short it was Bro who began to exert some pressure on the opposition.  A penalty goal attempt by the home side went wide and after Ruthin lost the ball Dan Jones ran through the Blues defence and scored just on half time.  At 10-3 at half time and given their performance in the first half it looked as though the Blues had a good chance of keeping up with the home side but Bro now making good use of playing down the slope slotted in 3 further tries in about 15 minutes.  The first from Gethin Jones was virtually the first move of the 2nd half and he just took the defending players by surprise.  A period of pressure in Ruthin’s half followed with Lee Aspden and then Marc Morris getting through the Blues defence with two conversions from Aspdern.  Ruthin tried to claw back the points but although spreading the ball across the park and having much of the territory in the last 20 minutes were again unable to get through a solid home defence and the game ended with no further score at 29-3 to Bro. It’s been a tough start to the season for the Blues but their performance today showed that there’s much to be pleased about and that the results will come.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos