Ruthin RFC | 1st Team 133 - 7 Abergele RFC | 1st Team
Iestyn Davies
Try 1
Robert Cai Edwards
Try 2
Thomas Arwyn Davies
Try 2
deian Williams
Try 2
Michael James Evans
Try 5
Jordan Jones
Try 3
Phylip Daniel Roberts
Conversion 1
Nathan Huw Jones
Conversion 9
Try 1
Tom Seddon
Try 3
Kyle Davies
Conversion 3
Try 3
Try 1
Sion Thomas Roberts
Try 5

Match Report
02 April 2017 / Team News

Rhuthun 133 Abergele 7

Ruthin secured their winning bonus point after only 10 minutes in this one-sided match against struggling Abergele.  On a fine afternoon with a soft pitch rapidly drying out after the morning’s rain the game was played with uncontested scrums at Gele’s request.  Ruthin were able to score freely in the 1st half without reply and when the whistle blew for half time the Blues were 78-0 up.  Ist half try scorers were full back Mike Evans (4), No 8 Jordan Jones (3), 2nd row Sion Roberts (1), wing Nathan Jones (1), scrum half Cai Edwards (1), centre Tom Seddon (1) and wing Huw Parry (1) with Nathan kicking 9 conversions.  In the 2nd half the Blues continued where they left off with the next try coming 5 minutes into the 2nd half and a further 8 regularly through the remainder of the half.  Abergele were outplayed but never gave up and in the 60th minute Perry Clarke got one back for the visitors with Richard Medlicott converting.  Everybody was relieved when the whistle blew for full time with the final score 133-7 to Ruthin. 2nd half scorers for Ruthin were Tom Seddon (2), 2nd row Deian Lloyd Williams (2), replacement back Kyle Davies (1), centre Iestyn Davies (1), Mike Evans (1) and flanker Arwyn Davies (2) with conversions from fly half Phyl Roberts (1) and Kyle Davies (4).  With the 2nds winning 22-13 at home to Denbigh and the youth winning a cup/league double header 10-6 at Pwllheli it was a good day for the club.  The Blues will now be looking forward to their next crucial match at COBRA next Saturday.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos